There are now growing reactions as far as the performance of online students and traditional students. Ironically, there are now growing competition between the two students. Performance cannot be relied upon whether students are enrolled in virtual university or in traditional institution.
The performance of the two students in two different worlds matter on how good are they in attending their respective classes. The virtual students may be brighter in a particular field but the traditional student could also excel in his/her own right.
Here basic advantages both the students enjoy and it’s up for you to decide which you prefer. Do you want to choose the virtual student or the traditional one?
Virtual student advantages
1. No more traffic problems. This very true to the virtual student. Since he is only attending classes in the internet there is no need for him to ride for passenger vehicles for him/her to go to school. All he/she needs is only a personal computer at home connected to the internet.
2. The virtual students are not time-bound. They are not controlled by time but they are setting on their own time. Unlike in traditional schools students usually attend classes four hours in the morning and another four hours in the afternoon. For virtual students they are the ones who arrange their time according to their preferences and availability.
3. The virtual students are not focused on four-cornered classrooms. The virtual student can attend classes anywhere he/she likes. He/she can always do it by having a laptop computer so that he/she can roam around while attending to classes. This is also a very enjoyable situation because you can attend classes whichever place you like. You just have to bring your laptop computer with you.
Traditional student advantages
1. Traditional students can personally meet their professors in every class. The teaching program is given right to the students with the effective teachers lively giving out their discussions on the subject matter.
2. Traditional students learn more in lab facilities. This is true. Traditional students have more advantage than virtual students when it comes to lab facilities because they can have actual lab demonstrations. Virtual students have no lab facilities they could learn in other subject matters that need lab presentations such as physics, science, biology, anatomy and other subjects.
3. Traditional students physically enjoy the company of classmates and friends. They can always meet with each other and enjoy each others company while virtual students study their lessons alone.
Many schools all over the world now compete with each other as far as acquisition of latest technology that would also boost the schools status to the worldwide community. In fact, the schools are also very thankful that the geniuses of man continue to create wonders to help many schools improve the kind of education it offers to the ever growing number of students worldwide.
The schools worldwide are happily improving their laboratory facilities especially for the new course offerings they offer to the students. The education for architecture, computer technology, industry, engineering, and communication are far better than ever before. The technology clearly displays wonders to both students and schools especially in colleges and universities of developed countries of the world.
The gadgets such as mobile phones, computers, Ipods, MP4s, notebooks, and other communication facilities are very well enjoyed from all walks of life. Wealthy and average students who are using with them laptop computers can always communicate friends using the available gadgets. The email alerts is in fact common to computer users who are 70 percent students. If they have important messages during night time they could just simply email those information to their friends.
But majority of the students are mesmerized by the use of text messaging which is one of the features of mobile phones. The same with emails, email messaging also delivers information accurate and fast. The students find this method of relaying information economical. In fact, millions of students all over the world today are being hooked to text messaging. As this developed, many governments have also voice out concerns of taxing the providers of the text messages which they also earned billions of dollars aside from calls and other mobile features.
As far as communication facilities in schools, many of the colleges and universities have set up the most sophisticated information and communication facilities that also boost the standards of their schools. However, this development in communication and information technology is not yet common sights in third world countries. Even the online education is seldom seen in developing countries of the world.
There are many countries that now offer free high schools. This program by the government is aimed at giving access to education amongst minority citizens. There is also a strong demand for public and state-run colleges to provide free education – the government still finds this very inappropriate at this time. Education remains to be a pressing concern to many students. Aside from the commercialization in education the colleges continue to be a threat to many poor but deserving students. Although many students have also enjoyed scholarship programs of the government but there are also many students who have problems in their academic status that do not qualify with the government’s scholarship programs.
In Spain, the government has only provided free education to high school students. The colleges are still a burden to many parents who have no enough means to educate their children. The Ministry of Education in Spain which is currently headed by Mercedes Cabrera has recorded that there are close to Six Million students enrolled in various schools in the country. There are 2.4 million enrolled in primary, 1.8 million in secondary and 1.5 million are also enrolled in post-secondary. The record also showed that the literacy rate in Spain is much higher as there are about 98 percent of women who are literate as well as 97 percent from the men.
In the Philippines, the government also offered free high school in all government-run institutions all over the country. The free high school was enjoyed by students a decade ago when the late Senator Raul Roco authored a bill giving free education to secondary schools. Despite of this free education many high graduates have still difficulties of proceeding to college because of financial concerns. This means the Roco bill also fully implemented was not 100 percent successful in its primary purpose of liberating the poor Filipinos from the bondage of poverty and ignorance. Many parents still find it difficult to send their children to college.
The most vibrant education campaign based on records provided is the United States of America. The US has provided so much concern to education so that Americans and Americanized citizens are given many chances to education.
Based on the 2004 record, the national US government has allotted a total of 1.14 trillion dollars for the public and private schools . Eighty-five percent of the Americans have attained their diploma courses. Local school boards are created to supervise the implementation of proper education to the people. This made the system of education very workable in the US.